My beauties

My beauties
Playing at the Park

Saturday, June 6, 2009

Seriously good Muffins

So I was at my mom's house earlier today and she had made these muffins. They were so good. So I asked for the recipe. Dylan and Tyler loved them too so I knew they would be a winner for this household.

Light Zucchini Muffins

2 cups shredded zucchini
3 cups all purpose flour
1 3/4 cups sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 cup of applesauce
1/2 cup egg substitute (or you can use 2 eggs, beaten)
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 Tablespoon vanilla extract


Preheat oven to 350

Place shredded zucchini on several layers of paper towels (or use a kitchen towel) and get most of the water out by pressing it or squeezing it.
Set this aside

Combine flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and baking powder in a large bowl and stir well. Make a well in the center of the dry mixture.

Combine zucchini, applesauce, eggs, oil, and vanilla.

Add to dry ingredients stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened.

(Mom made these as muffins. If you do make them as muffins, bake at 350 for about 25 minutes.)

OR

Divide batter evenly between 2 (7 1/2 x 3 inch) loaf pans coated with cooking spray.

Bake at 350 for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes in pan on a wire rack. Remove from pan and cool completely.

Makes 2 loaves or 24 muffins


Nutrition information per serving ( 1 slice of bread is one serving)

Calories: 128
Protein: 1.9 grams
Fat: 2.8 grams
Carbs: 23.9 grams
Fiber: 0.5 grams
Cholesterol: 0
Sodium: 136 mg

2 comments:

Chrissy Thomas said...

Sounds yummy. You have an award waiting for you on my blog.

Unknown said...

Mmm...I love zuchini bread, so I'm guessing I would also love the muffins. I believe I will be trying this recipe for sure...thanks for sharing!