My beauties

My beauties
Playing at the Park

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Highs and Lows of Moving

So we recently moved into a new house. YAY. There are some great points:

~ I love this house. It has everything I have wanted with one exception...No grass outback. Well we can deal with that and put other stuff down for the kids to be able to play.

~ New neighbors that are not nudists. Our old neighbors were nudists and while I don't really mind that too much - I don't need/want to see a 60 year old man (who by the way looks really creepy full clothed) in the nude. 

~ Having more room to put all my stuff and get reorganized. I hate being unorganized. 

~ A Fresh start in a new home with lots of possibilities.

There are also some downfalls:

~Most of the downfalls consist of the cleaning and moving process.

When we moved a year ago into a house I hated...My cousin Michelle was going to take our washer and dryer since the house we were moving into already had them there. Well she came into some money and decided to just buy a new set. So we were going to just store them in the garage until we needed them again. 

My dad and DH had the great idea to move them down to their shop to use and wash the dirty rags in (automotive) no biggie to me. At least I wouldn't have to store them right?? WRONG. I should have known off the bat that this was a HUGE mistake. When do you see men doing laundry?

So they did keep them down there, however they just sat and collected oil, dust, and grease. No biggie I can clean the outside no problem. Wrong again. They left the lid open on the washer and the inside is horrible. 

So far I have scrubbed them 3 times and I am yet again running hot water through them to hope that this is it and I can wash one of the many loads of laundry I have growing mountains in my house. Keep your fingers crossed.

Off to unpack more random crap that I have and still have no clue where to put it. 

1 comment:

Chrissy Thomas said...

lol, hopefully they come clean this time and you can start your own laundry. Speaking of which, I have been neglecting mine...I should probably get on it!